Blue Signal Search
Our client manufactures and delivers connected solutions aimed to increase safety on the job. Over the past 30 years, they have made it their mission to create predictive technologies that allow for the safest work environment for industrial workers. They are looking to hire an AWS Cloud Development Manager to lead a team of engineers in maintaining and developing software solution projects and service.
The AWS Cloud Development Manager will be responsible for overseeing the team in design and technical directions of web applications and backend services development. This role will work closely with staff engineers to develop and implement software features to be used throughout various products and applications.
This Role Offers:
• Comprehensive benefits package includes competitive base salary, 401(K), healthcare, tuition reimbursement, perks, and more.
• Strong industry reputation with over 30 years of experience in the space.
• Employees encouraged to create their own opportunities based on performance rather than executive constraints.
• Strong pipeline of support with state-of-the-art technical resources.
• Management has deep experience in the IoT industry. Strong commitment to and passion for safety within the space.
• Recent move toward SaaS offering demonstrates their ability to not only deliver to market needs, but also in staying current with today’s top technologies. Exciting and rare opportunity to enter a company at the onset of its software services play.
• Strong support for employee development, including skills development and continuing education opportunities.
• Manage and coach engineers on best practices, applications, and new development approaches and methodologies. Assess the latest technologies and endorse for adoption.
• Oversee and guide the technical design, integration, and development of highly complex, cross-functional, multi-platform, application systems ensuring on time delivery.
• Work with a team of engineers to architect, design, prototype, and implement software solutions to support company expansion.
• Collaborate with Product Management and customer service teams to ensure accurate schedule of development.
• Design and develop code for cloud applications. Build responsive code to ensure scalability, serviceability, and supportability.
• Execute effective engineering methods plus advocating and implementing reliable design patterns.
• Lead employment and professional development initiatives. Champion a unique and efficient environment, with the goal of constant improvement of the department.
• 10+ years of software experience, preferably working on full-stack technologies.
• 3+ years of management experience in a technical position responsible for the architecture of technologies.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or another related field. MS or PhD a plus.
• Expertise in latest software as well as background migrating environments.
• Strong skills in collaboration and communication. Must be able to work with teams and use feedback to the advantage of the final product’s optimization.
• Strong knowledge of complete software lifecycle and Agile software development methodologies (SCRUM), with a background overseeing a team in an Agile environment.
• Background collaborating with and managing development teams worldwide as well as coordinating with development experts around the world.
• Experience in industrial control or safety technologies a plus.
• Proven experience managing the design and development of at least one popular Cloud platform applications as well as container a plus.
• Strong understanding and experience with clean architecture and design patterns a plus.
• SAFe Agile environment experience preferred.
• Background in business models based in the cloud and centered on PaaS or SaaS applications preferred.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.