Full Time Regular
Blue Signal Search
Our client is an award-winning leader and partner in the unified communications industry. They are a global brand providing enterprise communications solutions and information technology services to large industry partners and direct government contracts. They are hiring an Avaya Engineer/DOD to implement, monitor, and maintain network regions, voice systems and their components, and VLANs.
The Avaya Engineer/DOD will ensure certifications are current for WRNMMC’s CM, voice mail, and contact center products. This person will lead high-level diagnostics and troubleshooting on multiple Avaya technology platforms (e.g., CM, AES, CMA, ACR, IVR, and more).
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary plus outstanding benefits package including medical/dental/vision, immediate eligibility for 401K match, paid vacations, holidays, and more.
• Flexible work with most of company working remotely.
• High employee tenure with low red tape, working within a smaller sized company with a tight-knit culture.
• Strong financial standing and funding through large scale federal contracts and clients.
• Excellent sales team that provides a constant flow of projects and new business.
• Opportunity to play a leading role in the sales process and interface with some of the largest clients in the nation.
• Extremely mission driven company focused on supporting the vitality of communities.
• Company on the cutting edge of innovation, with processes dedicated to creating new products as well as supporting current ones.
• Company-funded certifications, with emphasis given to continuous education within the Avaya and other manufacturing spaces.
• Manage the implementation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of various Avaya technologies via the WRNMMC ticketing system, and/or direct requests from clients.
• Meet with clients, gather business/service requirements, and establish voice system programming standards on their behalf.
• Optimize voice system components, network regions, and VLANs through issue identification, root cause analysis, and service restoration and problem resolution.
• Review system logs, proactively identify inefficiencies, and make recommendations for improvements.
• Collaborate with O&M Program Team to maintain operation of voice system components.
• Ensure systems are functioning at optimal levels by patching and updating associated software.
• Perform preventative maintenance and diagnostics.
• Provide Tier I and Tier II technical assistance in the event of system outages and/or component failures.
• Interact effectively with both technical and nontechnical audiences within and outside the organization.
• Excel in a fast-paced environment by prioritizing and organizing concurrent work projects.
• 15+ years of engineering experience focused on Avaya technology.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent relevant experience.
• Active Avaya certifications:
• Avaya Implementation Professional Specialist (AIPS)
• Avaya Support Professional Specialist (ASPS)
• Avaya Certified Support Specialist Program (ACSS)
• Avaya Certified Solution Expert (ACSE), a plus.
• Avaya Certified Implementation Specialist Program (ACIS), a plus.
• Hold DoD 8570 and DoDI 8140 IAT-1 certifications.
• Demonstrated experience with Avaya CM, Aura Applications, and Call Center Applications.
• Strong understanding and background working in an enterprise data storage/network environment.
• Hands-on experience designing, implementing, maintaining, and troubleshooting Avaya services, session controllers, virtualization, routers, switches, etc.
• Firm ability to communicate technical solutions to non-technical audiences.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.