Blue Signal Search
Our client is a global leader in supply chain optimization with a history of over 200 years and over 10,000 employees globally. Their highly respected industry reputation is based on quality customer service, attention to detail, and a high commitment to ethics. They are hiring an Automation Project Engineer with a background in manufacturing to support and lead projects across multiple plants.
The Automation Project Engineer will be responsible for overseeing the electro-mechanical development activities in the organization. This individual will develop plans, specifications, and inspection reports to ensure items are complete, accurate, and in accordance with good engineering practice and conducting projects through all phases of development.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary. Benefits include medical/dental/vision, 401(K) match, and more.
• Opportunity to be a part of a company known for its innovation within sustainable products.
• Highly experienced leadership and a culture of mentorship and innovation. They treat their workforce like family!
• Company and its plants have one of the best safety records in the industry. The position is virtually set up for success!
• Opportunity for training and development in order to advance career within – multiple career progression paths.
• Evaluate existing production equipment and layout to engineer design improvements enhancing productivity, cost efficiency, reliability, and safety.
• Configure and program custom PLC and HMI operating software.
• Establish requirements according to the needs of the project.
• Coordinate and monitor progress and determine corrective actions needed to maintain schedule and cost targets.
• Optimize manufacturing processes, including process control, set-up, changeover, automation, die development, new equipment selections, and manufacturing workflow improvements.
• Design and develop basic mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment or related devices in response to specific new products or manufacturing process requirements.
• Review project implementation for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, contract requirements, and related specifications.
• Ensure that project status and results of tests are communicated properly.
• Write necessary documentation, from requirements (e.g., functional, performance, usability and safety) to system behavior and usage (e.g., system interface, installation, usage).
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering required.
• 3+ years of Manufacturing and Project Management experience. Packaging industry experience a plus.
• Familiar with systems management, mechanical and electrical components, and operational efficiency goals.
• Knowledge of safety and continuous improvement best practices. Certifications and/or prior trainings in safety a plus.
• Ability to handle multiple projects including organization, documentation, scheduling, and task completion, ensuring timely and in-budget delivery.
• Hands on experience with programming and hardware including, PLCs, HMI programming, etc. Mechanical Exposure is highly preferred.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.