Blue Signal Search
Our client is a global leader in supply chain optimization with a history of over 200 years and over 10,000 employees globally. Their highly respected industry reputation is based on quality customer service, attention to detail, and a high commitment to ethics. They are hiring an Automation Engineer with a background in integrated manufacturing to support projects.
The Automation Engineer will be responsible for overseeing the integration and development of applications and solutions. This individual will support throughout all lifecycle phases and will focus on investigations, sustainability efforts, RFQ’s, implementation, etc.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary. Benefits include medical/dental/vision, 401(K) match, and more.
• Opportunity to be a part of a company known for its innovation within sustainable products.
• Highly experienced leadership and a culture of mentorship and innovation. They treat their workforce like family!
• Company and its plants have one of the best safety records in the industry. The position is virtually set up for success!
• Opportunity for training and development in order to advance career within – multiple career progression paths.
• Work with manufacturing teams to architect, design, prototype, and analyze/test automation products and components.
• Define, plan, and gather requirements for Cognex/Keyence systems and/or assembly line improvements.
• Configure and program custom PLC and HMI operating software.
• Optimize manufacturing processes, including process control, set-up, changeover, automation, new equipment selections, and manufacturing workflow improvements.
• Design and develop basic mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment, or related devices in response to specific new products or manufacturing process requirements.
• Ensure that project status and results of tests are communicated properly.
• Review project implementation for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, contract requirements, and related specifications.
• Write necessary documentation, from requirements (e.g., functional, performance, usability and safety) to system behavior and usage (e.g., system interface, installation, usage).
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related engineering field.
• 5+ years of experience work with Keyence or Cognex integration. Proven experience working in a production environment and with related applications.
• Hands on experience with programming and hardware including, PLCs, HMI programming, etc. Mechanical exposure is preferred.
• Familiar with systems management, mechanical and electrical components, and operational efficiency goals.
• Knowledge of safety and continuous improvement best practices. Certifications and/or prior trainings in safety a plus.
• Ability to handle multiple projects including organization, documentation, scheduling, and task completion, ensuring timely and in-budget delivery.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.