Blue Signal Search
Our client is a leading provider in the network cabling and audio/visual solution space. Within the highly in-demand industry, they deliver top-notch IT services, A/V integration, security, and cabling to business nationwide. They are hiring an Audio/Visual Design Engineer to support the design and engineering of Audio/Visual solutions.
The Audio/Visual Design Engineer will develop and implement top-level A/V system designs while building strong customer relationships through installation and maintenance. They will be responsible for conducting system and bid reviews and providing excellent customer support. This role will work cross-functionally with clients as well as internal sales teams, field techs, and other engineers.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary plus full benefits package, including generous PTO, 401K plan, and medical/dental/vision insurance.
• Opportunity for advanced skills development, including training, certification programs, etc.
• Opportunity to work on many different types of projects surrounding cabling and A/V products and systems.
• Work closely and build lasting relationships with large-scale vendors and clients in the commercial A/V space.
• Exposure to in-demand technologies in the fast-growing wireless, A/V, and security system markets.
• Develop, document, and coordinate network design of Audio/Visual systems for a variety of venues and customers.
• Work with customers to translate system requirements into functional system designs.
• Provide design and documentation for proposals detailing material and labor estimates, written statements of work, and drawings as needed.
• Conduct site surveys, system design, line drawings, detail engineering plans, and other design related documentation.
• Interface and maintain ongoing dialogue with clients, sales, CAD, and field tech team members during the proposal and project cycles.
• Review designs for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, and customer contract requirements.
• Act as a technical resource for associate engineers, technicians, and sales staff.
• Maintain a working knowledge of competitor products and services and of emerging trends in the audio/visual and conferencing industry.
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related field.
• 5+ years of experience with audio/video design, engineering, equipment, and components.
• Working knowledge of connectivity, wiring, operation, and installation of professional audio, video, lighting, conferencing, and control systems and equipment.
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and adjust to shifting priorities.
• Customer-facing abilities with an understanding of the importance of good client relationships.
• Certifications and trainings in AV engineering/programing such as Creston or Extron, a plus.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.