Application Software Engineer
Santa Ana, CA
Wireless & Telecom
Full Time Regular
Blue Signal Search
Our client is a leader in the development of wireless IP assets. Their strong commitment to accelerating innovative technology in connectivity has earned them a robust market reputation. They are hiring an Application Software Engineer to support product and software development for internal projects.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive compensation and benefits package that promotes financial and physical well-being.
• Company that places priority on quality of service, not price point.
• Extensive resources with growing innovation.
• Leading technology, outranking competitors with two years of R&D.
• Leadership with deep technical expertise in the IoT space.
• Established as a top tier partner within the wireless space.
• Participate in all phases of software development, including but not limited to design, implementation, testing, and troubleshooting/debugging.
• Develop reliable software applications over Wi-Fi.
• Research and develop core embedded firmware for IoT applications.
• Conduct third-party SDK, library, and driver integrations with the application.
• Design interfacing for delivery and results collection, in collaboration with internal teams, for the release process.
• Participate in and lead functional, technical, and code reviews.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering.
• 3+ years of experience in application software engineering, or related field.
• Proficient in C, C++, Java, Python, or similar programming language.
• Experience working within embedded OS environments (e.g., Raspbian, FreeRTOS, MicriumOS/µCOS).
• Ability to perform SDK, library, and driver third-party integrations with the application.
• Demonstrated experience with Linux environments, including Linux kernel and device driver.
• Prior participation in code review utilizing Git, Gerrit, GitHub, etc.
• Experience writing makefiles.
• Strong knowledge of network and security protocols, preferred.
• Through understanding of operating systems concepts, a plus.
• Proven ability to thrive in a cross-functional, team-oriented environment.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.