Blue Signal Search
Our client is a leader in the community infrastructure industry. They are creating smart communities across the country by developing and installing open access fiber-optic networks. They are hiring an API Engineer to analyze, prepare, implement, and verify the configuration and integration of APIs.
The API Engineer will work alongside architects and other software engineers to develop and expand their strong set of API led capabilities. They will be responsible for supporting and managing existing APIs as well as maintaining and updating integration standards.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary plus outstanding benefits package including medical/dental/vision, immediate eligibility for 401K match, paid vacations, holidays, and more.
• High employee tenure with low red tape culture. They hire professionals and trust their expertise, giving them room to make tangible impacts within a startup environment.
• Company has strong financial standing and investment backing as a startup offering generous equity benefits.
• Opportunity to play a leading role in large infrastructure projects and interface with some of the largest telecom clients in the nation.
• Extremely mission driven company focused on supporting the vitality of communities.
• Company on the cutting edge of innovation, with processes dedicated to creating new products as well as supporting current ones.
• Support management of API, CI/CD efforts, unit testing, metrics, documentation, etc.
• Work with experienced system architecture team and frontend/backend engineers to brainstorm solutions and deploy API integrations.
• Assist in defining project goals, and act as a technical resource for product managers, working with international internal teams, vendors, partners, and others.
• Support API delivery end to end which includes planning, design, development, testing, and delivery of API(s).
• Implement common APIs based on architecture guidelines and framework related to logging, authentication, security, error recovery, etc.
• Develop adapter components to external systems. Ensure proper API documentation.
• 5+ years’ experience in software engineering.
• Strong understanding and experience with SOAP and RESTful APIs.
• Exposure to public cloud platforms, such as Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS).
• Experience with SQL and relational databases development, including stored procedures, data models, and transactional flows. GraphQL experience a plus.
• Knowledge of API integrations, design standards, patterns, and best practices.
• Experience working in Agile and CI/CD teams, and leveraging common DevOps tools such as GitHub, GitLab, Docker, Ansible, Jenkins, etc.
• Python experience a plus.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.