Accounts Payable Specialist
El Cajon, CA
Contract Full Time
Blue Signal Search
Upgrade your resume prior to applying with resumeandcareerservices.com.
Our client values culture, talent, and excellence and prioritizes a motivating environment where employees love what they do and are proud of their work. They have nearly 100 years of experience in the design and construction of concrete solutions. Our client is seeking an AP Specialist to join their team to identify and drive appropriate discounting opportunities while managing vendor relationships. The AP Specialist will be an important liaison with the internal business clients and will be responsible for ensuring that their needs are met.
The Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for the overall day to day functions of the AP process in the specific functional area to which the associate is assigned (Invoicing, Vendor Records, or Payment Processing). Their focus will support overall company initiatives including cost savings and collaboration.
This Role Offers:
• Join a collaborative group dedicated to safeguarding some of the world’s most valuable resources.
• Collaborate with industry professionals in the development, construction, and enhancement of top-tier storage tanks.
• An organization committed to fostering community, both internally and externally, by means of daily operations and numerous philanthropic efforts.
• Large pool of financial resources and data tools.
• Access to upper management and high degree of influence over business processes.
• Manage the full AP cycle, including but not limited to:
• Pay invoices on schedule, ensure the accuracy and authenticity of invoices, and conduct departmental duties with a minimum of expense.
• Be key contributor to full cycle procure to pay process.
• Accurately assign expense codes and cost centers to invoices for precise financial reporting.
• Input invoices and vouchers promptly to qualify for cash discounts.
• Submit tax exemption certificates in a timely manner to avoid unnecessary tax charges.
• Process employee expense accounts for timely reimbursement.
• Issue weekly accounts payable checks, prioritize payments, and fulfill urgent requests.
• Collaborate with superintendents and office staff to validate invoices.
• Maintain organized AP files, identify process improvements, possess expert knowledge of Spectrum software, and prepare regular AP reports.
• 2+ years of experience in accounting function. Full cycle accounts payable analysis and invoicing functions experience preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
• Strong documenting and reporting experience with incredible attention to detail.
• Strong understanding of authorization and authority of payment approval, as well as GAAP.
• Proven track record of handling high volume payment preparation and processing on a weekly basis.
• Experience in construction or a related field is required.
• Proficient in vendor maintenance including troubleshooting invoice issues.
• Familiarity with accounting software (preference for CMIC or Spectrum but not mandatory)
• Quick learner and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong communication skills and ability to develop creative solutions to business challenges.
About Blue Signal:
Blue Signal is an award-winning, executive search firm specializing in finance & accounting recruiting. We have a strong reputation for finding top talent in private equity, asset management, financial services, FinTech, and accounting leadership. Learn more at bit.ly/3lN4mhQ
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.