New York City, NY
Accounting & Finance
Full Time Regular
Blue Signal Search
Our client is an innovative, lighting distribution organization that is reinventing how to bring great lighting fixtures, accessories, and controls to the commercial and consumer markets. Their strength is in the efficiency and service with which they deliver solutions and support to those they serve. Due to rapid growth, they are hiring an Accounts Payable professional to support the team in general accounting tasks.
The Accounts Payable function will assist in administrative support within AR/AP, cash flow, budgeting, and month/year-end closing. They will assist in optimizing processes and procedures within the department that can gain the biggest impact. This position will play a key role in the accounting team as the company grows.
This Role Offers:
• Comprehensive benefits package includes competitive base salary, 401(K), healthcare, perks, and more.
• Team is extremely well funded, and company has a reputation as one of the best in the industry.
• Strong culture of promoting its people internally within the organization. Employees encouraged to create their own opportunities based on performance rather than executive constraints.
• Strong pipeline of support with state-of-the-art technical resources.
• Risk-taking team with a “no fear for failure” type culture. If they fail, they like to fail fast in order to take immediate direction and learn from it.
• Management has deep experience in the lighting industry. Strong commitment to and passion within the space.
• Independence and decision-making power. Team rising in company importance as IoT space becomes more prominent in competitive marketplace.
• Support accounting activities and documentation including general cash flow, balance statements, AR/AP, reconciliation, month end, and other process.
• Prepare financial reports, consolidated financial statements, budget forecasts, and expense reports.
• Support process optimization initiatives through the use of technical accounting applications and processes.
• Gather and map financial data, pull relevant statistics and metrics, and present monthly reports on KPIs.
• Partner cross functionally with internal teams to understand improvements needed to create better efficiency and greater cost-benefit.
• Assist with internal controls and auditing procedures.
• Ensure adherence to GAAP best practices and related processes and procedures.
• Maintain excellent documentation for all activities. Conveys information in a timely manner with all parties, including team leaders and shareholders.
• 1-2+ years of administrative accounting experience.
• Associate’s degree in finance, accounting, or a related field, preferred.
• Proven experience within accounts payable/receivable and general ledger.
• Strong proficiency in QuickBooks and MS Office suite.
• Understanding of accounting principles, financial regulations, and business-case reporting.
• Understanding of GAAP and best practice accounting policies.
• Distribution background within construction, manufacturing, or wholesale, a plus.
• Strong analytical, communication, and collaboration skills. Can multitask with ease.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.