Accounting Assistant Manager
Salt Lake City, UT
Accounting & Finance
Full Time Regular
Blue Signal Search
Our client is a Fortune 500 technology business whose products are found in healthcare facilities worldwide. Their highly respected industry reputation is based on quality customer service, attention to detail, and ethical trusted business associates. They are hiring an Accounting Assistant Manager to help lead financial analysis and accounting functions in a rapidly growing market.
The Accounting Assistant Manager is responsible for financial closing processes, cost data analysis, and internal control improvements. This person will assist in building out processes and procedures, optimizing along the way to gain the biggest impact, and ensuring compliance with GAAP and other relevant regulations and best practices.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary plus outstanding benefits package – medical/dental/vision, 401(k) match, annual performance bonuses.
• Work for an awarded fortune 500 company and leader in their space.
• Strong culture of promotion and training with ample room for advancement.
• High employee tenure.
• Outstanding work/life balance.
• Culture of high performance and quality customer care.
• Lead accounting functions to run operations including monthly and year-end close process.
• Prepare financial reports, journal entries, and account reconciliations.
• Determine and develop cost optimization opportunities through analysis of product cost data.
• Ensure accurate accounting documentation and adherence to accounting best practices, policies, and controls.
• Prepare budgets and forecasts utilizing predictive analytics.
• Leverage ERP systems for data analysis and the cost rollup process.
• Adhere to Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), US GAAP, and other relevant federal/state regulations.
• Maintain excellent documentation for all activities.
• Help build, optimize, and improve accounting processes throughout departmental growth.
• 6+ years of accounting experience within financial/cost accounting.
• Strong background in manufacturing and cost accounting.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field. CPA or CMA desired.
• Proficiency in financial reporting, business partnering, and auditing.
• Expertise in MS Excel or other accounting software.
• Firm understanding of SOX and GAAP regulations.
• Thorough understanding of accounting best practices and procedures.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.