Blue Signal Search
Our client is an integral part of the local community, helping supply housing to families in need. With the real estate market multiplying virtually overnight, they are looking to hire an Accounting and Finance Manager to oversee accounting operations and financial reporting. They will also assist in optimizing an accounting process for their overall brand.
The Accounting and Finance Manager will work cross-functionally to support the financial side of critical HUD and housing projects. They will ensure compliance with GAAP and other relevant regulations and best practices. Additionally, as the company grows, they will take on leadership responsibilities for the accounting and finance functions – landing on track for further promotion and upward momentum.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary plus medical/dental/vision insurance, flexible PTO, and more.
• Highly experienced leadership and a culture of innovation.
• High level of responsibility over reports, project goals, and processes.
• Direct access to upper management, reporting directly to the director-level.
• Opportunity to participate in an organization at its onset – and build the function around your own vision. Role will be to establish entire finance function.
• Room to put processes in place and create an environment and team.
• Challenging yet rewarding work.
• Role within the cutting edge of the booming real estate development market.
• Lead accounting function to run operations, including general ledger reconciliation, tax filings, journal entries, cash flow management, payroll, accounts payable/receivable, and monthly and year-end close process.
• Prepare financial reports, consolidated financial statements, budget forecasts, and expense reports. Make appropriate recommendations to executive management.
• Conduct financial analysis for projects to identify trends and opportunities, as well as ad hoc reports to identify trends and opportunities.
• Manage accounting documentation and adherence to accounting best practices.
• Manage expense reporting and cost accounting, identifying discrepancies.
• Assist project managers with budgets and cost analysis.
• Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), US GAAP, and other relevant federal/state regulations.
• Maintain excellent documentation for all activities.
• Help build and optimize the accounting function.
• 7+ years of accounting experience. Experienced in GL, financial reporting, tax filings, and monthly/year-end closing.
• 3+ years of experience in housing accounting and HUD required.
• Management or supervisory experience a plus.
• Strong skills in financial analysis reports, including variance analysis, forecasting, and consolidations.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting. CPA desired.
• Proficiency with accounting software, an ERP, and implementation.
• Strong understanding of accounting best practices and procedures.
To apply for this job please visit www.bluesignal.com.