Our client delivers award-winning accounting and tax services for top business clients in the Phoenix area, including year-end filings, audit support, general ledger set-up, monthly close process, and developing client financial procedures. They are hiring a Tax Accountant to support mission-critical tax accounting activities. The Tax Accountant is a newly created position with strong opportunities for skills growth and promotion through the ranks. This person will gain important industry experience with a wide range of in-demand tax preparation services.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus benefits, including medical/dental, 401(K), and more.
- Outstanding program for skills development, on-the-job training, and employee advancement.
- Access to thriving book of business full of top business clients and individuals.
- High employee tenure and excellent company culture.
- Strong potential for promotion as the company grows.
- Consistently ranked as a top accounting firm in the region.
- Highly experienced leadership and a culture of outstanding customer care.
- High level of responsibility over processes and procedures.
- Opportunity to have a big impact on the businesses in the Phoenix area.
- Tightly knit team and a culture of mutual support and mentorship.
- Prepare federal and state tax filing tax estimates and documentation for businesses in the greater Phoenix area.
- Establish relationships with individual and business clients. Assist with tax planning and business accounting procedures.
- Reconcile tax payable accounts and reconcile discrepancies in tax data.
- Assist with general ledger set-up, estate planning, trusts, audits, and compliance.
- Act as a tax accounting resource and expert for business mergers and acquisitions, IRS disputes, audits, and compliance.
- Collaborate with businesses owners on tax accounting and filing activities.
- Manage accounting documentation and adherence to accounting best practices.
- 4+ years of accounting experience, with an emphasis on tax preparation and filing for individuals and businesses.
- GL set-up and reconciliation
- Experience within tax accounting, including:
- Tax preparation and filings
- Financial reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- CPA certification.
- Strong understanding of SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley), GAAP, and compliance regulations.
- Proficiency with accounting software; experience with OneSource or BNA is a plus.